Problem in compiling with Oracle (rlm_sql_oracle) support.

Anindya K. Das akd at pacenet-india.com
Thu Jun 2 12:55:36 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I have freeradius-1.0.2 along with Oracle 8.1.6 and I am trying to
compile with rlm_sql_oracle. I am giving the following command to start
the configure process:

./configure --with-oracle-home-dir=/oracle/Orahome

Where my ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/Orahome. However, during the compile
process I can see this error in the configure script output.

checking for oci.h... no
configure: warning: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'oracle' disabled

When I search for oci.h, I can see it is there in /usr/include
directory.

Is there anything special that I need to do to Oracle or freeradius so
that the rlm_sql_oracle to compile?

I am compiling on RedHat Linux 8.0.

Thanks for your time.

Regards