Authenticate to eDirectory

Daniel Hesse dhesse at mmrcsl.org
Thu Jun 2 15:46:46 CEST 2005

Does this only work with versions of eDirectory running on Linux or will
it work with eDirectory on Netware 6.5

Daniel D. Hesse
Technology Administrator
Methodist Manor Retirement Community
712-732-1120 Ext.116   dhesse at mmrcsl.org

>>> sbhowmick at novell.com 6/2/2005 12:05 AM >>>

Hi,
   FreeRADIUS 1.0.2 has been integrated with eDirectory to support
wireless
authentication. See
(http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir_radius/index.html)
   You can also use FreeRADIUS 0.9.3. That supports LDAP authentication

to eDirectory. In this case you could try EAP-TTLS + PAP.
http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2005-March/042093.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Sayantan

>>>carnold5 at nc.rr.com 06/01/05 12:35 pm >>>
Hello all! I would like to know if anyone has gotten freeradius to work

with eDirectory (LDAP)? We are using freeradius 0.93 (ships with sles9)

and want our wireless users to authenticate to the eDirectory box. I
changed the radiusd.config file at the ldap entry. Clients file has not

been touched. It seems that i may need to "extend the schema" on the
eDirectory box. Then include the supplied radiusxx.schema file in the
slapd.conf file. Any help will be appreciated.

Chris
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
-