FreeRADIUS + MPPE for PPTP VPN clients

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Jun 3 18:28:31 CEST 2005

Alexei Monastyrnyi <alexeim at orcsoftware.com> wrote:
> My Q is: should I use ntlm_auth program for getting NTLM passwords?

  No, you use ntlm_auth to do the authentication.

> If yes, should my RADIUS server be join a SAMBA domain which it is
> trying to use?

  No, ntlm_ath talks to winbindd, which eventually joins the Samba
domain.

> Actually I'm a bit confused here and highlighting how RADIUS obtains or
> generates MPPE keys might be heplful.

  It gets the necessary data from ntlm_auth.  If you want to know
exactly how, read the source.

> Any hints or useful URLs would be highly appreciated.

  Configure ntlm_auth.  See it's documentation, and the configuration
examples in radiusd.conf.