NAS info + MySQL

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jun 7 03:41:22 CEST 2005

Marcin Jessa <lists at yazzy.org> wrote:
> Web scripts get executed as the www user. That way I need to grand
> apache access to HUP radiusd and that can be done with sudo adding
> www user to the sudoers file and allowing it to exec
> /usr/local/sbin/radiusd.

  The only thing that needs non-WWW permissions is a script which does:

#!/bin/sh
[ -f /var/log/radius/radiusd.pid] && kill -HUP `cat /var/log/radius/radiusd.pid`

  It doesn't need to exec radiusd.

> The perfect solution would be to have radiusd reread the nas table
> when it gets changed.

  You've said that a number of times.  We're all very clear on your opinions.

  You can now:

  1) Pay someone to write that code
  2) write it yourself
  3) wait for someone to write it for free

  Repeatedly posting the same comment on the list isn't going to give
anyone incentive to write the code.