Vendor specific attributes, tags

Metz, Frederic Frederic.Metz at t-com.net
Tue Jun 7 14:04:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

so Alan, one more question:

what is non-standard ?? maybe there was a misunderstanding.

I have a usual vendor specific attribute, but in the beginning of the "String" field there is a tag of 1 byte. Isn't it right that you can put anything in the "string" field in case of vendor specific attributes, thats the argument of the vendor, which also delivers the Radius-Server :-) but we want to use freeRadius. Another argument of the vendor is that our Radius-Server (freeRadius) isn't able to understand vendor-specific attributes with tagged fields.

I am quite a bit confused now. So this attribute is conform to the RFC?, but the credentials are in proprietary format, right ??

Thanks a lot.

Frederic