Simultaneous-Use

Blake bmagic at cccwireless.net
Tue Jun 7 17:53:29 CEST 2005

I am sorry to post but I am just not getting something right here.

I have been running this freeradius server for quite some time with no
problems. I have just now decided that I want to solve the
Simultaneous-Use problem. I am using 1.0.2 and a mysql database located
on another server. I have followed everything that I can find on the net
about the configuration but I can still logon the same user as many
times as I want. It may help to know that the radius server is only
being used by a website script for login (chillispot).

For my needs I am not setting up any groups or anything special in the
database. I am basically only dealing with the radcheck table. This is
the only table that has the usernames and passwords. All the other
tables seem not to be needed for what I am doing. I am open to suggetion
of course if I need to add entries into any other table to make
simultaneous-use work.

here are my conf files

sql.conf
----------------------------
sql_user_name = "%{User-Name}"
simul_count_query = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ${acct_table1} WHERE
UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}' AND AcctSessionTime = 0"
simul_verify_query = "SELECT RadAcctId, AcctSessionId, UserName,
NASIPAddress, NASPortId, FramedIPAddress, CallingStationId,
FramedProtocol FROM ${acct_table1} WHERE UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}' AND
AcctStopTime = 0"
group_membership_query = "SELECT GroupName FROM ${usergroup_table} WHERE
UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}'"

postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (id, user, pass, reply,
date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',
'%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"

radiusd.conf
-------------------------------

instantiate {