[Fwd: rlm_passwd & realms]

Edgars edzix19 at inbox.lv
Wed Jun 8 13:53:56 CEST 2005

>>Now receiving the following in debug screen (something with Auth-Type,
>>but can't figure out what exactly):
>>

> Try configuring Auth-Type.

the same effect.

>>  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
>>  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
>>

>  And you didn't tell the server what password to use.

I did. The problem actually is that the passwd file is always accepting
the request not depending on all attributes it should check. The only
situation it's comparing all attributes is in file where User-Password
is defined (in my case 'edg_pass'). Why it is so? What I am interested
to achieve is that one passwd file (edg_check) would compare Realm,
NAS-IP-Address and Autz-Type. And then if first two exists, go the the
Autz-Type, specified in this file, and do the rest comparisions
(Stripped-User-Name and User-Password).

#works perfectly
 passwd edg_pass {
                filename = /etc/freeradius/pass
                format = "*Stripped-User-Name:User-Password"

#doesn't check all values
passwd edg_check {
           filename = /etc/freeradius/pass_check
           format = "*Realm:~NAS-IP-Address:Autz-Type"

edg_check
 Autz-Type mt {
    edg_pass

Edgars