syslog

Craig Huckabee huck at spawar.navy.mil
Thu Jun 9 14:39:45 CEST 2005

Miguel Sennoun wrote:

>>Set "log_destination = syslog" and
>>
>>log {
>>         syslog_facility = daemon
>>}
>

> I tried, but it seems not write radius logs in syslog

Just to be clear - which "radius" logs are you trying to redirect and
did you make sure that syslog is running/configured correctly ?

>>in your radiusd.conf.  That will get your authentication/authorization
>>logs going to syslog under the "daemon" facility.  This is all in the
>>documentation, BTW.
>

> There is nothing in my documentation (freeradius 1.0.2

Straight from the distributed radiusd.conf:

#
#  Destination for log messages.  This can be one of:
#
#	files - log to ${log_file}, as defined above.
#	syslog - to syslog (see also the log{} section, below)
#	stdout - standard output
#	stderr - standard error.
#
#  The command-line option "-X" over-rides this option, and forces
#  logging to go to stdout.
#

That last note is VERY important - if you are testing using -X, you
won't see anything in syslog.

and further down:

#
#  Logging section.  The various "log_*" configuration items
#  will eventually be moved here.
#
log {
	#
	#  Which syslog facility to use, if ${log_destination} == "syslog"
	#
	#  The exact values permitted here are OS-dependent.  You probably
	#  don't want to change this.
	#
	syslog_facility = daemon

/ Craig Huckabee        |          e-mail: huck at spawar.navy.mil /
/ Code 715-CH           |           phone: (843) 218 5653       /
/ SPAWAR Systems Center | close proximity: "Hey You!"           /
/ Charleston, SC        |            ICBM:  32.78N, 79.93W      /