picks up the same request twice

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Jun 10 19:41:06 CEST 2005

vicky <vicky at trustive.com> wrote:
> This creates confusion because when receiving a request from this NAS,
> my radius server recognize it twice.

  I don't think so.

  I've successfully run both client & multiple servers on the same box
without any problems.

> One that is proxied and one that is "treated" locally (without
> striping of the realm).

  I think you're confused.  When the server proxies a request, is ALSO
processes it locally.  This is so that you can control the reply to
the NAS.

  If you want the RADIUS server to NOT process the request locally,
edit it's configuration files so that the only thing it does is
proxying.