Class attribute questions

Shawn K. O'Shea shawno at airpath.com
Fri Jun 10 22:59:12 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I'm trying to look at the Class attribute during proxying. I want to
take data stored in the Class attribute and rewrite other attribute(s)
based on the contents. I have it working right now but have two
questions regarding it.

1) I'm currently using rlm_exec to call a simple perl script that
"decodes" the Class attribute value (from accessing %{Class}) from it's
hex octet form back to the ASCII inside. I just wanted to make sure that
I wasn't missing something, and that there isn't an easier way to get at
the ASCII inside the octet stream.

2) The rfc's allow for more than one Class attribute (at least in
Accounting-Request packets). How does FreeRADIUS treat references to
%{Class} when this happens? i.e. Is there a syntax to refer to each
instance of the Class attr or get a count of how many are in the packet?
(I'm not currently running into this, but want to keep that base covered
in case that situation arises).

Thanks,
-Shawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shawn O'Shea
Network Engineer
Airpath Wireless, Inc.
"Clearing the Way"
781-250-3500-office
781-250-3535-direct
781-250-3503-fax
shawno at airpath.com
http://www.airpath.com

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This electronic message contains information from Airpath Wireless,
Inc., and may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are
not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail shawno at airpath.com or telephone at
(781) 250-3500.