Performance tweaking and testing.

Michael Mitchell mitchell.michael at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 12 02:05:44 CEST 2005

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Arne.Olav.Kjosnes at pcsupport.no wrote:
>

>>I will try some more tweaking, but I would like to have a test tool first.
>>So I could see the differences.
>

> Install a CVS snapshot of FreeRADIUS on the machine which runs the
> client. New options -p and -n have been added to radclient to
> respectively send 'p' packets in parallel or 'n' packets per second.
> It's very convenient to run stress tests on the server.

Only issue with radclient is it uses a single set of attributes for
every request. With a custom script I can run whatever spread of
usernames I want so that I'm not hitting the same (cached in LDAP) user
every single time. Comes down to what you're trying to test really -
best possible performance, or a more "realistic" representative of your
entire system.