eDirectory backend with FreeRadius

Vladimir Vuksan vlists at veus.hr
Mon Jun 13 04:49:57 CEST 2005

Fahim wrote:

> Having spent whole last fortnight trying to configure Freeradius
> module given here with LDAP Agent running on my eDir8.7.3.6 on Netware
> 5.1, using iManager 2.5, I am almost there but seemingly stuck with
> something vital. Ihave done everything as mentioned by Novell Admin
> guide posted on this Forge project here:
> http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?edirfreeradius
>
> My Freeradius is running on SuSe Linux Machine with iManager 2.5
> installed for managing Radius users and Universal passwords. I can do
> an LDAP browse from there and connectivity is OK. Using a third Win2K
> for testing Radius connectivity. Had some problems configuring TLS/SSL
> connection to LDAP server so hashed (start_tls=no) in radiusd.conf. I
> don't mind secure or insecure connection between FreeRadius and LDAP
> Agent.
>
> MY PROBLEM:
>
> rlm_ldap: Error reading Universal Password.Return Code = 80
>
> I hope it's not TLS related!!!

You should post your configuration from radiusd.conf. You could also
check out

http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/802-1x-LDAP.html#Set_up_FreeRADIUS

It is a set up for OpenLDAP but hopefully it will have some
similarities. You can even use LDAP bind to verify credentials. Just
leave of identity and password from the ldap module.

Vladimir