Multiple Authentication REALMS - I hope in Plain Text

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jun 14 19:33:04 CEST 2005

"Shepherd, Dave" <Dave.Shepherd at compass-group.co.uk> wrote:
>     realm SPECIAL {
>         type    = radius
>         authhost        = LOCAL
>         accthost        = LOCAL
>     }

  In the latest versions, this is realm "LOCAL", but that doesn't make
too much difference.

>         Auth-Type {
>                 mschap
>         }

  Are you sure?  How about "Auth-Type mschap {" ...

> modcall: group authorize returns updated for request 14
> Finished request 14

  Hmm... something is marking the request as done, without calling the
"authenticate" section.  I have no idea why, and I don't recall ever
seeing anything like that.

> If one of you guys has had to do something similar, or can see any
> glaring omissions in my config (which I seem to think there is) could
> you please point me in the right direction.

  As always, start with the default configuration: it works.

  Then, gradually add your edits, testing after every edit, to be sure
that it still works.  Once you're done, you should have your local
configuration , and it should still work.