problem with freeradius and ldaps (Active Directory)

Roberto S. G. roberto.santos at unileon.es
Wed Jun 15 15:02:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to configure freeradius (1.0.1) to use an ldaps server
(without start_tls, it's an Active Directory).
But I'm not able to obtain any response. In fact, the freeradius crashes
with just a:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1074, id=88,
length=29
Discarding duplicate request from client localhost:1074 - ID: 88

(client is localhost because I was using radclient, but remote attempts
show the same behaviour).

Normal ldap against the same server is correct. For the ldaps
configuration I've added just:
port = 636
tls_require_cert        = "never"

though even with the server certificate:
tls_certfile    = ./certs/xxxx_cacert.pem

the result is the same.
I don't know which is the problem exactly...

Has anyone sucessfully configured freeradius against an Active Directory
with LDAPS?
Any ideas are apreciated.

thanks.