Radius attributes necessary for PPP connection into Cisco modem-bank

Mike Partyka mike.partyka at jumpnode.com
Thu Jun 16 18:28:19 CEST 2005

I have been asked to setup Radius to authenticate a modem connection by
connecting to our Mysql database. I have read the Radius documentation
more than once and i attribute my difficulties to a poor understanding
of PPP connections on Linux. I just don't understand what are the
necessary attributes that Radius has to pass back to the modem in order
for the connection to be made. The modem is dialing into a Cisco modem
bank here at our office where the Mysql databse is as well. I have been
given a query for Radius to do that will get the authentication from
Mysql but i am so far from that portion of the setup, i don't know where
to look first.

>From where i stand it seems like i could keep reading the Radius
documentation and still never understand what needs to be done because i
am lacking some more fundamental information that is required to put the
pieces together.

Can anyone point me to some basic documentation that might firm up my
understanding of what needs to be done?

Thanks,

Mike Partyka
Jumpnode Systems, LLC