Radius attributes necessary for PPP connection into Cisco modem-bank

Dustin Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Fri Jun 17 06:56:56 CEST 2005

> >   If you control the Cisco modem bank and the RADIUS server, then you
> > can configure the RADIUS server to send the "right" attributes back to
> > the Cisco bank.
> >
> >   It SHOULD do this by default.  Also, consult the Cisco documentation
> > to see what attributes it needs to establish a PPP connection, and
> > then make FreeRADIUS send those attributes.
> An excellent tip and not one i had considered, thanks again.

For dial-up PPP w/ Cisco NAS, we use the following radius reply attrs

Service-Type = Framed-User
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Framed-IP-Netmask 255.255.255.0
Framed-Routing = None

Not sure what is needed or isn't, but its working with those reply values.
Hope that at least leads you in the right direction for searching Cisco's
docs.

-Dusty Doris