PPPOE Incorrect Subnet

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Fri Jun 17 21:29:08 CEST 2005

Hi Cris.

You can accomplish thing like that in two ways.
One is to hand out each of your users Framed-IP-Address and Framed-IP-Netmask attribute.
This can be set in the group attributes of the user or individually.
The second one would be to hand out Framed-Pool for the users and have a matching name in the setup of your Mikrotik:
e.g:
/ip pool add name=static ranges=12.23.34.1-12.23.34-254

Then the users will get an IP from that pool and their netmask will automatically become 255.255.255.255.

You can have only one pool which you define in ppp profiles setting assigning it to remote-address=
Then you chose that profile for your PPPoE server and your users will get assigned IPs from that pool with correct mask.