A question about Response-Packet-Type Attribute

Oleg Kravtsov oleg_box at mail.ru
Wed Jun 22 17:45:23 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I use FreeRADIUS 1.0.2 and I'm experiensing a problem with $subj
attribute usage.
I would like to tune RADIUS Server so that it sends particular set of
RADIUS attributes depending on the outgoing packet type (Challenge or
Accept). For that task I've been using Response-Packet-Type attribute in
"users" configuration file.

My "users" configuration file looks as:

"test_user" User-Password == "test pass", Response-Packet-Type ==
Access-Challenge
    Proxy-State = "Challenge"

"test_user" User-Password == "test pass", Response-Packet-Type ==
Access-Accept
    Proxy-State = "Accept"

But this does not work, I see that "Response-Packet-Type" attribute
equals to "0" at the checking phase. I induce that because the following
rune works in my envirounment:
test_user User-Password == "test pass", Response-Packet-Type == 0
    Proxy-State = "With response 0"

Note that here "Proxy-State" attribute used just for testing purposes.

Then I decided to change "users" configuration file as follows:
"test_user" User-Password == "test pass"
       Fall-Through = Yes

"test_user"  Response-Packet-Type == Access-Challenge
       Proxy-State = "Challenge"

"test_user" Response-Packet-Type == Access-Accept
       Proxy-State = "Accept"

But still I did not get desired behaviour.

Looking at configuration files I found that there is "post-auth" section
in radiusd.conf configuration file, but I'm not sure that it suits for me.

Please, could you tell me what should I do to solve my problem.

Thank you,
Oleg.