User-Name missing

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at PObox.com
Thu Jun 23 16:01:43 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 03:12:33PM +0200, vicky wrote:
> Hi all!

> I execute an external script as soon as I get an Access- or an
> Accounting-Request. The scripts collects (from the environment
> variables) all the attributes received and writes them to a Database. I
> encountered a problem recently. The attribute User-Name is missing (its
> value equals NULL) for the Accounting-Requests but it is there in the
> Access-Requests. I find this strange that the User-Name attribute is
> sent with certain package types and not with others. My server is a
> freeRADIUS 1.0.3.

> Thanks for any contributions to solving this problem!

Have a look at your radacct logs (you're keeping radacct logs, right?)
and see if you're actually being sent a User-Name attribute. In fact,
in the first instance, I'd use 'env' and confirm that your script is
seeing all the attributes that get logged from the accounting packets.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.