mysqld.sock path problem

Sebastian Wild sw at cronon.org
Thu Jun 23 15:42:40 CEST 2005

rashad wrote:

>freeradius can't connect to mysqld due to incorrect mysqld.sock path.
>
>rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server root at localhost:radius
>rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through
>socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
>rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
>
>Actual path is /tmp/mysqld.sock.
>Can I change path to mysqld.sock in freeradius?
>

>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock is the usual location of that socket. Every
program that wants to connect to mysqld through socket will per default
use that one. I dunno why you set mysql to place the socket to
/tmp/mysqld.sock.
What u could try is to set a symlink pointing to /tmp/mysqld.sock at
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock as workaround.
The command for that is:

ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

should do that.
if /var/run/mysqld/ don't exist then u have to create it *before* doing
the ln command!

cheers

Sebastian

lg