external script in <defunct> state after execution

Jon Mansey jon at tigrisnet.net
Wed Jun 29 06:47:24 CEST 2005

My workaround for this so far has been to put a cron job to restart
freeradius once per day which clears all the zombies, otherwise it eats all
your threads. Depending how frequently you call your accounting process, ie
how many zombies you have in your process table, you may need to restart FR
more frequently than once per day. YMMV as they say.

jm