ldap authentication error.

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Jun 29 19:13:39 CEST 2005

DK <ionidk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I´m  trying to configure freeradius to authenticate to LDAP server.

  No.

  LDAP is a database, not an authentication server.

  FreeRADIUS is an authentication server.

> rlm_ldap: - authenticate
> rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.
> Cannot use "CHAP-Password".
>   modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap" returns invalid for request 1
> modcall: group Auth-Type returns invalid for request 1
> auth: Failed to validate the user.
>
> Any idea?

  1) Don't authenticate to an LDAP server

  2) post enough of the debug log for people to tell what's going on.

  Odds are that the client is doing MS-CHAP or EAP.  In that case,
since LDAP doesn't implement MSCHAP or EAP, it's *impossible* to
authenticate against LDAP.

  FreeRADIUS is an authentication server.  Let it do the authentication.