Freeradius+mysql error

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 31 09:56:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Thank you for the reply I think I have compiled free radius with mysql
> support because I had installed it --with-experimental-modules.Now if I
> start the sql server by giving the command "mysql -u root -p rootpass radius
> < db_mysql.sql" then it returns me with the following error
>
> Error 2002: can't connect to local mysql server through socket
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (111)
>
> What may be the problem.The following is my radius.conf for "authorize and
> accounting section

this isnt a FreeRADIUS problem at this point - the above error message is a straight
'mysql cannot talk to mysql server'.  check that

1) mysql is running
2) mysql is configured to allow your host to talk to it
3) mysql is configured to allow root account to talk to it - and that the password is correct
4) firewall issues - check that you arent blocking mysql conversations in some wierd way

alan