freeradius password caching problem

tech13 at netaxis.ca tech13 at netaxis.ca
Tue Nov 1 04:46:01 CET 2005

Hi,

I am using freeradius version 1.0.5 for authenticating users with Lucent Portmaster 3.

I am trying since a few weeks to get the thing straight. People are able to authenticate correctly, but I have a few minor problems.

1- the radiusd.pid file is not created

2- the passwd file (which I believe is from the users file) is not refreshed. I would prefer to use the /etc/passwd file and have it cached, but even if I activate it with cache = yes, it doesn't seem to work. I also use the cache refresh setting. If I use cache = no, it still seem to use the same users file.

3- I want to send all the logs to syslog, but this also doesn't seem to work, unless it's sent to a file. I tried syslog_facility = daemon,
but still doesn't work.

Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Pierre Forget