Using the same EAP userid on multiple devices?

Michael Wang mwang25 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:19:02 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying to set up an environment where I have multiple wireless devices
that need to authenticate to an Access Point that uses FreeRadius as its
backend authentication server. I am wondering if I can use the same EAP
userid and password for all of these devices? Will the FreeRadius server get
confused if two or more devices are authenticating at the same time to the
FreeRadius server? Or is there something in the radius protocol or in the
FreeRadius implementation that keeps track of authentication sessions
independently and therefore does not care if multiple sessions are using the
same EAP userid?

Thanks again for your helpful responses.....

Michael