freeradius password caching problem

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Nov 1 23:05:23 CET 2005

tech13 at netaxis.ca wrote:
> Permissions for /var/run and /var/run/radiusd are:
>
> drwxr-xr-x

  <sigh> That's nice.  The question was for *you* to figure out if the
permissions let the server write the pid file.

> Yes, I am running it as a daemon with the command:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -s -f 2>>/tmp/radius.err >>/tmp/radius.out &

  No, you're not running it as a daemon.  See the "man" page.  "-f"
says to NOT run as a daemon.

> Is there any possibility to use  the Unix /etc/passwd instead of users?

  Yes.  See the default configuration.  There's a "unix" module.  You
might want to look at it.

> Do I need to deactivate users somewhere?

  If you want users to be deactivated, probably.