how to use ntlm_auth

Juan Mauel Lopez Villalobos mlopez at uabc.mx
Thu Nov 3 22:33:14 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 18:10 -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
> mlopez at uabc.mx wrote:
> > > Then why the heck are you using ntlm_auth?  It's only purpose is to
> > >do MSCHAP authentication to a Windows domain controller.
> >
> > Because the configuration for 802.1X, using the 802.1X howto and
> > http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/802-1x-LDAP.html, said that needs to configure
> > peap and peap use mschap (....mmmm {thinking} but don't said nothing about ntlm)
>
>   Exactly.  You don't need ntlm_auth.  Please believe me.

I believe you.

> > how the mschap module can perform authentication itself??
>
>   Because, as I said in a previous message, FreeRADIUS gets the
> password from LDAP.

Automagically !!!!

> > or how can i use 802.1X/peap and ldap ??? can i use it???
>
>   Yes.  Stop asking questions.  Follow the HOWTO's.  It WILL work.

following all the steps, again, and after a day without thinking about
this, finally today it's ready.

Thanks.

--
LCC Juan Manuel Lopez Villalobos
Departamento de Sistemas de Informacion

Tel: (686) 551 8274
Fax: (686) 551 8269
Conmutador: (686) 551 8222 y 8270  ext. 3360