Adding Attributes to a post proxy request

Holger Steppke team4m at muenster.de
Sat Nov 5 22:39:40 CET 2005

Hi,

i have read a couple of msg on this list about the same problem i actualy
have but could not really find a nice solution for it.
I have a case where I use Freeradius for proxy auth/acct to home servers.
Lets assume I will be more then 20-40 different realms.

Before the answer goes back to the Nas I need to add some attributes and now
looking for the best way of doing this. In the past with Cistron or today
with the switch in proxy.conf it is easy. I think this is maybe not the
right way of doing it parsing the users files and everything else in
authentication section twice.

My Setup

NAS ----- 1 -------> PROXY ------ 2 ---------> Home Radius
    <---- 4 --------       <----- 3 ---------

So in 4 there should be e.g. different DNS servers for each realm.

What is your view on this ? What's the best way doing this.

Don't know if there is a way to add those Attributes to the Request Reply)
attributes so that there still there when the Home Radius sends an answer ?
Of course in a scalable way 20-40 realms.

I´am already that far that I thought I need to patch the files module to
have function for post-proxy which then I could use to parse another users
file adding those Attributes
Because that was easy Just defaults for each Realm and then adding them.

BTW I found some parameter in the modules which do read the realm/proxy
stuff which seams to be not used somewhere. It is trusted and hints. Or do
you just allow them to be compatible with Cistron. ??

Bye
	Holger