mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Andrew Teixeira ateixeira at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 15:48:45 CET 2005

I've had similar problems with MySQL before (not in relation to
FreeRadius, but the same socket problem) and the easiest way for me to
fix it was to change the hostname where the application thinks MySQL
exists from localhost to the actual hostname of the machine.  This
bypasses the use of the mysql.sock UNIX socket and just uses the TCP
socket that MySQL opens on its standard port.  I'm not sure if you
have mysqld's TCP port disabled, in which case this wouldn't work, but
if not hopefully this will fix the problem without having to recompile
MySQL.