mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Jason Clifford freeradius at jason.ukpost.com
Mon Nov 7 17:06:39 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> > Question for Alan: it seems easy to pass an option to the libmysqlclient
> > to make it read a section called "radiusd" in "my.cnf". It'd make possible
> > to define there any options specific to MySQL which are not available
> > through our "sql.conf". Should I try to add this to the CVS ?

If you are going to make a change in freeradius to cope with this don't
waste time trying to read the my.cnf file as you wont know where it is
with any certainty.

Instead have a section in the sql.conf to specify the mysql socket file.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       2Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98 / month