mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Nov 7 18:02:49 CET 2005

Jason Clifford wrote:

> If you are going to make a change in freeradius to cope with this don't
> waste time trying to read the my.cnf file as you wont know where it is
> with any certainty.

This is a one-line-change in FreeRADIUS: we just tell to the libmysqlclient
to search and read the file "my.cnf" in its own predefined locations.

> Instead have a section in the sql.conf to specify the mysql socket file.

We may run into the same problem later with a different option: I don't
want to have an entry for each and every Mysql specific option in the
file "sql.conf".

--
Nicolas Baradakis