mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Jason Clifford freeradius at jason.ukpost.com
Mon Nov 7 18:16:07 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Nicolas Baradakis wrote:

> > If you are going to make a change in freeradius to cope with this don't
> > waste time trying to read the my.cnf file as you wont know where it is
> > with any certainty.
>
> This is a one-line-change in FreeRADIUS: we just tell to the libmysqlclient
> to search and read the file "my.cnf" in its own predefined locations.

There is no predefined location. That's the problem that the original
poster has run into - you can have the files anywhere you like and people
do.

> > Instead have a section in the sql.conf to specify the mysql socket file.
>
> We may run into the same problem later with a different option: I don't
> want to have an entry for each and every Mysql specific option in the
> file "sql.conf".

And how many sql options are appropriate? It's only those needed for a
client connection and other than socket file location they are already all
present as options in the sql.conf file.

It seems counter to good practice (ie keep it simple) to make things more
complicated than simply adding an option to the file you already use to
configure the sql connection and options.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       2Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98 / month