simultaneous use, checkrad, and MPP attempts

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Wed Nov 9 22:20:38 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 00:35, Christopher Carver wrote:
> The proxy'ing radius servers and NAS's of the other company from whom we
> lease equipment are unavailable to checkrad.  By default shouldn't it be
> allowing these people on?  I looked at the code and it seemed as though
> it should.  I set the nastype to other in clients.conf for these entries
> and I still see MPP attempts.  Finally, I looked at the source of
> checkrad.  I modified the line for "other" nastypes to always return 0,
> which should be interpreted as no multiple login.  The numbers you see
> to the left are line numbers

Chris,

Look at the code again.  In session.c, the rad_check_ts function is what calls
checkrad.  If the nastype is empty or "other", checkrad is _never_ called,
and the function returns 1 (meaning the user is logged in).

We did this simult use bypass by using a nastype called visp, which returns 0
in checkrad.  See freeradius bug#166 for a checkrad patch we've been using
here which cleans up the code a bit and makes it easier to add new types.
Any comments/problems can be posted to the bug.

-Kevin