accounting question

Chuck chuck at pathworx.com
Thu Nov 10 19:22:39 CET 2005

we keep getting a lot of missed stop packets that we never had problems with
when we ran icradius. I don't know what the problem could be but I am getting
ready to turn accounting off for us. However I have a major concern with
this.

We are using the mysql option with freeradius including the nas table.
We use a flat file, proxy.conf, for our remote realm configurations.

We proxy for a number of remote realms running their own radius authentication
and they receive accounting information we receive from our upstream passed
on to them.

If I turn accounting off, is there a way we can still pass accounting through
to our remote realms, or is it a global on/off switch that affects everyone?
I just don't want to keep track of it locally until we can figure out what is
causing this.

I do notice a number of error messages about 0 length stop packets being
received and I assume they are rejected. I have also contacted our upstream
provider and asked them to be sure all is well with what they pass us.

We use 1645:1646 and have those ports in iptables to freely accept.. are there
possibly other ports I should be putting in there?

--

Chuck