Ascend-Data-Filters

Eric Gregory eric at gatewayconnections.net
Fri Nov 11 20:50:07 CET 2005

I am having an issue that hopefully someone can help with.  I am trying
to configure my radius server to send liethe following reps
Ascend-Data-Filterwhen a user authenticates.

	Ascend-Data-Filter = ip in forward tcp est
	Ascend-Data-Filter = ip in forward dstip xxx.xxx.xxx.4/32
	Ascend-Data-Filter = ip in drop tcp dstport = 25
	Ascend-Data-Filter = ip in forward

This is for configuration with GlobalPops and I need my users to be able to relay mail through my SMTP server for this to work.

I am using FreeRadius 1.0.4 with the Mysql backend.  When I run radcheck I get this info in the reply

        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
        Session-Timeout = 43200
        Idle-Timeout = 1500
        Port-Limit = 1
        Framed-MTU = 1300
        Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward tcp est"

If I wipe out the "ip in forward tcp est" line I get the "ip in forward
dstip xxx.xxx.xxx.4/32" line in the reply, if I wipe that out the next
comes back but I can't get more than one to come back at me.  I have
tried applying the filters to the user and to the group which the user
is a part of and gotten the same result.

Anyone know what my problem is here.  Is there a setting that I have to
set to allow it to send multiple instances of the same reply attribute back?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Eric Gregory