AW: Freeradius vs. ActiveDirectory

Völker, Christian Christian.Voelker at qsc.de
Mon Nov 14 13:07:11 CET 2005

Yohoo!
>LDAP advantage is that you can get more information out of
>the AD...which is what io believe is the desire in this case

Gotcha! :)

My google-searches hat driven me into the direction to use _only_ ntlm_auth for authentication vs. AD.

Meanwhile I had also triggered out the needed groups-settings.

Just for completeness the settings for the groups:
----snip-------
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
[...]
 groupname_attribute = "cn"
 groupmembership_filter = "(|(&(objectClass=group)(member=%{Ldap-UserDn}))(&	(objectClass=top)(uniquemember=%{Ldap-UserDn})))"
 groupmembership_attribute = memberOf
[...]
----snip-------
/etc/raddb/users
DEFAULT         Ldap-Group == "Cisco-RW"
                Auth-Type := LDAP

DEFAULT         Ldap-Group == "Cisco-RO"
                Auth-Type := LDAP

DEFAULT         Auth-Type := Reject
                Reply-Message = "No access."

Works fine here. Is there the need of a short howto for the doc/ ?

Greets

Christian