Problem with rlm_mschap from CVS

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Nov 14 20:23:26 CET 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

> > The possible solutions are:
> > 1. Reverse previous changes and move the file exec.c back to src/main.
>
>   Maybe.  If other modules need it, that's where it should go.

I've moved this file because it isn't used by the server core anymore,
but I didn't noticed the module rlm_chap used it, too.

> > 2. Copy the file exec.c into src/modules/rlm_mschap, too.
>
>   No.
>
> > 3. In rlm_mschap.c, use "exec_xlat" from rlm_exec instead of
> >    "radius_exec_program". It adds a dependancy between the modules,
> >    though. For example, we could have in radiusd.conf:
> >    ntlm_auth = "%{exec:/path/to/ntlm_auth ... }"
>
>   That's an option.
>
>   I'm a big fan of "just making it work".  If that means moving exec.c
> back to src/main, fine.

I was thinking we could have "rlm_exec" do all the external programs
execution (like we delegate SQL statement execution to "rlm_sql")
but it makes the setup a little more difficult.

For now, I'll just move exec.c back to src/main, that's a lot easier.

--
Nicolas Baradakis