nospace_user not working as expected in 1.0.5

Kristina Pfaff-Harris kristina at greatbasin.net
Mon Nov 14 21:23:33 CET 2005

Hi, again. Another strangeness I noticed: we have "nospace_user = after"
in radiusd.conf, but since switching to 1.0.5, this doesn't appear to act
the same way as it did in 0.8.1. Using a username like "username " keeps
rejecting the user instead of stripping spaces and trying again.

"nospace_user = before" works fine.

Actually, "nospace_pass = after" seems to work fine as well.

Is this a known issue, or an "oops?" My workaround was to put use
nospace_user before and keep nospace_pass after, since passwords may have
spaces in them, but usernames may not.

Thanks!

Kristina