nospace_user not working as expected in 1.0.5

Kristina Pfaff-Harris kristina at greatbasin.net
Mon Nov 14 23:46:12 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   The whole "nospace_user" stuff is a *terrible* hack.

Heh. Fair enough.

>   If that works, fine.  But this functionality will *not* be in 1.1 or
> later.

Gads. You mean users will have to type their usernames and passwords
correctly? Eek! :-)

But seriously, folks. We can deal with that -- a little more load on the
tech support folks, but not huge. On the other hand, I don't suppose you
have any suggestions for a better way to do a similar thing? It just seems
like such a great feature given that spaces are hard to see and mostly
should be stripped out (at least in our case). Maybe through meddling with
the sql queries or something?

Worst comes to worst we can do without it, but it is a very nice thing to
have.

K.