SQL and MSSQL databases diference

Fernando Brito fbrito at lq.com.ar
Tue Nov 15 22:55:48 CET 2005

Hi, here is another question. In the first case I'm using an mssql
module to connect to my database and the "radiusd -X" command tell me
something like this:

radiusd -X -------------------

rlm_sql (mssql): Driver rlm_sql_unixodbc (module rlm_sql_unixodbc)
loaded and linked
rlm_sql (mssql): Attempting to connect to testmk at MSSQL-DB:/mk
rlm_sql (mssql): starting 0
rlm_sql (mssql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc #0
rlm_sql (mssql): Connected new DB handle, #0
rlm_sql (mssql): starting 1
rlm_sql (mssql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc #1
rlm_sql (mssql): Connected new DB handle, #1
rlm_sql (mssql): starting 2
rlm_sql (mssql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc #2
rlm_sql (mssql): Connected new DB handle, #2
rlm_sql (mssql): starting 3
rlm_sql (mssql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc #3
rlm_sql (mssql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (mssql): starting 4
rlm_sql (mssql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_unixodbc #4
rlm_sql (mssql): Connected new DB handle, #4
Module: Instantiated sql (mssql)

------------------------------

When I change the module to sql the answer is diferent:

radiusd -X -------------------

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to root at localhost:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id

In this case I've this extra line: "rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to
MySQL server for #1", that it is missing in the previous case. Is that
corect or I've something missing in the configuration of the mssql
module? Thanks!!

NanO