Unique dictionary entries

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Nov 16 17:46:33 CET 2005

1.  Radiusd version:

[cfowler at cfowler sbin]$ radiusd -v
radiusd: RADIUS version 1.6.7 21-Jul-2003
Compilation flags:  USE_SYSLOG ATTRIB_NMC COMPAT_1543 linux

2.  Users File

[cfowler at cfowler sbin]$ cat /etc/raddb/users
joe     Ens-Auth-Type = "user", Ens-Auth-Password = "rad"
        Ens-Auth-Command = "shell",
        Ens-Auth-Acl = "1"
[cfowler at cfowler sbin]$

3.  Debug output
[cfowler at cfowler sbin]$ sudo radiusd -fx
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Ready to process requests.
radrecv: Packet from host 192.168.2.137 code=1, id=27, length=55
    User-Name = "joe"
    Service-Type = Login-User
    Ens-Auth-Type = "\001"
    Tunnel-Server-Auth-Id:1 = ""
    Ens-Auth-Command = "\001"
    Ens-Auth-Acl = "\001"
    NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
    NAS-Port = 0
NO SUCH USER FOUND: "joe"
Unknown user: [joe] (from nas local/S0)
Sending Reject of id 27 to 192.168.2.137

4.  Problem.

I've got my Radius server to support special dictionary entries.  you
can see the 'Ens-' entries.  When my client tries to grab information
from the Radius server the server does not see 'joe' in the users file.
At one time I had this working about 2 years ago and now I need to use
it again.  Can anyone tell my what I've done wrong in my users file that
would make radiusd not see the user 'joe'?

Thanks,
Chris