Query local active session database (radutmp)

TK Lew tklew99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:45:40 CET 2005

hi ::

My situation is complicated. I have freeradius running which accept
accounting start and accounting stop forwarded from customer main
radius (SB).

Problem is I cannot query the NAS for simultaneous use and the NAS is
using the same NAS Port for each accounting start packet. Since I am
using radutmp for session database , the accounting start and
accounting stop will update the session database.

But due to some unexplained situation , no accounting stop packet was
received (lost packet or whatever ?) and another accouting start
arrived with the same MSISDN number ( username). In the end I have
duplicate username in the session database.

So i was thinking of before writing the accounting start packet to the
session database , perhap it is possible to peform a pre-check on the
sesssion database or some preprocess or preacct ?

Thanks.

BR