Slow PEAP Response

Joseba Beltrán joseba.beltran at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:51:49 CET 2005

Hi all,

             I've setup a WiFi access point on WPA mode, attached to a
PC with chillispot and another computer with Freeradius. My idea is the
following:

- When someone tries to connect to the AP, it will asked for username
and password (PEAP . Mschapv2)
- The response of the wireless client will be send to chillispot
- Chillispot will re-send (proxy) the request to freeradius.

This configuration works fine, but I notice a big time lag between the
Access-Request  and Access-Accept packet (15 - 30 seconds)

I can see that between Access-Request and Accept, some Access-Challenge
packets are sent, which I think are the ones causing the mess.

Some help would be appreciated. I attach a log, hope it helps!

Thanks in advance.