Freeradius How to integrate Active Directory [AD Integration WindowsXP NTLM Tutorial]

Michael Griego mgriego at utdallas.edu
Wed Nov 23 03:53:26 CET 2005

Actually, that's not completely true.  Using /dev/random as the file
argument for RAND_load_file when seeding the PRNG is recommended
practice on systems that have it.  The RAND_load_file call in the
eap_tls code will only read at max 1048567 (1024 * 1024) bytes from the
file, so it won't read infinitely.  The problem here is that /dev/random
is blocking.  To keep that from happening, use /dev/urandom, if your
system has it, or some other entropy source (such as egd).

--Mike