WLAN 802.1x FreeRadius with LDAP

Zoltan Ori z.ori at morehead-st.edu
Mon Nov 28 16:11:43 CET 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 04:31, Konne wrote:
> hi
>
> ca somebody post a howto what describe the configuration:
>
> - peap/mschapv2 with ldap and freeradius
> - client configuration (M$ Windows XP, SecureW2)
>
> thx

There are many howtos available that can be found searching the mail archives
or googling. Before you spend a lot of time on them, read the documentation
that comes with FreeRADIUS and study the .conf files so that you might
understand what's really going on. Many want to do a quick configuration
based on a howto that doesn't always fit their case. When things go wrong,
they don't know what to do and the howto can't help.

See /doc in your FreeRADIUS sources for ldap documentation.

The comments in eap.conf tell you how to do peap/mschapv2.

As far as I know, SecureW2 does not do PEAP.  You will have to use the XP's
native supplicant. The configuration is straight forward but depends on what
you are trying to do.

Zoltan Ori