EAP-TLS problem with Intel PROSet 7.1.4.4

Michelle Lin mchlin at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 04:39:41 CET 2005

Hi Experts,

I'm new to FreeRadius server. The version I installed
on my Linux box (RedHat 9.0) is 1.0.5.

I configured this FreeRadius server using EAP_TLS. And
the server works fine with following hardware/software
setup:

NIC card (built in): Intel(R)PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network Connection
NIC software: Intel PROSet/Wireless, version 9.0.3.0
AP: DLink wireless router DI-624
Client System: Windows XP

However, the same certifcate doesn't work with an
older NIC card/NIC software on a different laptop.
Here is the info about NIC card and NIC software. This
laptop also runs Windows XP.

NIC card (built in): Intel (R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100
3A Mini PCI Adapter
NIC software: Intel PROSet, version 7.1.4.4

I got following failure notification after trying to
connect to the AP:
802.1x Authentication has failed due to a Challenge
Failure. This may have happened because of wrong user
credentials.

Same certificate works fine with my first laptop.

The debugging trace from FreeRADIUS server is in the
attached file.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help...

- michelle

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/