WLAN 802.1x FreeRadius with LDAP

Christian Poessinger christian at poessinger.com
Tue Nov 29 14:53:12 CET 2005

Zoltan Ori wrote:
> On Monday 28 November 2005 12:32, Christian Poessinger wrote:
>> rlm_eap_peap:  Had sent TLV failure, rejecting.
>
> Use the latest available drivers for your wireless adaptor. I've
> encountered many strange connectivity issues that are fixed with new
> drivers.
>
> If the supplicant is XP SP2 you may need the Windows KB885453 hot fix.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885453

I requested and installed this fix, but I still get the same error message
on the radius server.

  rlm_eap_peap: EAPTLS_OK
  rlm_eap_peap: Session established.  Decoding tunneled attributes.
  rlm_eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response.
  rlm_eap_peap: Tunneled data is valid.
  rlm_eap_peap:  Had sent TLV failure, rejecting.
 rlm_eap: Handler failed in EAP/peap
  rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 7
modcall: group authenticate returns invalid for request 7
auth: Failed to validate the user.