Can not authenticate against Active directory as LDAP server

Alhagie Puye APuye at datawave.com
Wed Nov 30 04:53:49 CET 2005

Make sure the password has double-quotes around it.

I had to do that to get it working.

Have you tried using ldapsearch first to make sure that you are feeding
it the correct parameters?

Try something like

ldapsearch -LLL -h 10.1.1.1 -x -b 'dc=corp,dc=van,dc=com'
'(&(memberof=CN=rptpcps,OU=Users,DC=corp,DC=van,DC=com)(samaccountname=a
puye))' -D apuye at corp.van.com -w yourpassword

Change it to match your environment.

Hope that helps.

Alhagie Puye - Network Engineer
Datawave Group of Companies
(604)295-1817

Disclaimer: This message (including any attachments) is confidential, may be privileged and is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.  Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  E-mail communications are inherently vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties and are susceptible to change.  We will use alternate communication means upon request.