Configuring RADIUS Users

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 13:59:27 CET 2005

Hi,

> tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
> listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
> 11:57:05.226330 IP 10.128.253.10.4183 > rajith-office.radius: RADIUS, Access
> Request (1), id: 0x02 length: 79
> 11:57:08.226065 IP 10.128.253.10.4184 > rajith-office.radius: RADIUS, Access
> Request (1), id: 0x03 length: 79
> >

> But the output of the radiusd process (radius in debug mode) does not change
> and does not show any sign of arrival of an access-request.
>

> Does anybody know, where can the problem lie?.  I have attached my clients.conf
> file and the radiusd.conf file with this mail.

okay, so the traffic is reaching as far as the radius server system itself -
which means that you've hit one of many scenarios

1) the server has a firewall running which blocks the traffic .
iptables -L -n ?

2) your server is running SELinux or some form of security segmentation system and this is not allowing it to talk to the main IP stack (check /var/log/ for
growing log files eg security or audit when hitting it with remote requests)

3) radiusd is just not listening. try commenting out the bind_address and
port parts and use the  listen{} section to define the address , port
and directives to listen to.

Alan