eap\leap proxy

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Nov 30 18:21:54 CET 2005

carnold at dancon.com wrote:
> 1) Does the current FreeRadius download have this capability and I just
> need to configure it correctly?

  No.

> 3) [to the developers] In the processing  eap\leap authentication request
> within
>     the code does the username and password get decoded to plain text in a
> variable
>     if authenticated to the local users file?

  No.

> C file and line number, please.

  grep?

> If I am not able to get this working, I am looking at having to purchase 10
> copies
> of Cisco's ACS at $4K each. I would like to avoid the cost and provide
> wireless
> authentication at each of my facilities.

  Geez, for that, hire someone to add the functionality to FreeRADIUS.
For $40K, I'm sure you'll find someone to do the job. :)

  You'll need to supply packet traces from ACS, with both the input
LEAP packets & output MSCHAP packets, including RADIUS shared secrets
& user passwords.  After that, the implementation should be relatively
trivial in FreeRADIUS.

  The EAP-MSCHAPv2 module in FreeRADIUS already does something
similar, so precedent is there.  And bugzilla has patches to proxy
EAP-MD5 as CHAP, too.